Re: IMPORTANT (release blocker): Status of Workstation network install

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:03 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The other thing here is that without a netinstall, it becomes very
> difficult for a site to do multiple deployments easily. I think we
> want people to be able to write a PXE-boot installer for Workstation
> and relying on the live ISO might be an impediment to that.

Yes, this is a very important usecase.
If we want to cater for target audience 3 and 4 (see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Workstation_PRD#Target_Audience)
then we must support PXE booting installers and the ability to add
custom kickstart files to these.
You can't really expect IT teams to manually install workstations, it
needs to be automated, and the live installer doesn't take kickstart
files because it just copies whatever on the live media to the target
disk.

--
-Elad Alfassa.