Re: Developer focus for Fedora workstation

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM, drago01 <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 05:14:52PM +0300, Elad Alfassa wrote:
>> The audio quality is really problematic here, especially in the second
>> talk, and it makes it very hard to listen to the talks.
>> Can you some up the points you want to discuss for those of us who can't
>> watch the videos?
>
> At some point, but in the meantime here's the slides:
> https://langdon.fedorapeople.org/flock-2014-preso.html

I didn't watch the video (horrible sound) but from the slides

"Commit to holding Gnome at F21 version for 2 releases"

since when is this "current policy" ? Not only does the slides provide
no justification for that it is simply a no go (holds back wayland and
other efforts; user already where not really happy with the old
version in F20 due to the long delays; it disconnects us from current
upstream development; ...)

I also strongly oppose to not being in sync with upstream GNOME.
If we want to stay relevant, we must have an up-to-date GNOME in each new Fedora release with all the improvements and bugfixes the new GNOME releases bring.

--
-Elad Alfassa.