Re: Workstation status and TODOs

----- Original Message -----

> Subject: Workstation status and TODOs
>
> Hi All,
>
> We have just less than 3 months before the F21 Alpha change deadline
> comes.  That means that now is the time to get going in earnest on
> making sure we have all the things we want lined up for the initial
> release of Workstation done.  Matthias and Christian have done a great
> job of getting us started, and have gotten some major Changes
> approved.  The GNOME 3.12 rebase was accepted, and the enabling of
> SCLs should go over fairly well once the questions are addressed.
>
> So what is left?  Off the top of my head I can think of:
>
> 1) Getting the kickstart for Workstation cleaned up with the
> appropriate package lists (I'd be willing to get this rolling)

Thanks for taking the lead on this.

> 2) Integrating KDE into the above in whatever form we work out with the KDE
> team
I am heading off on vacation for 2 weeks tomorrow, but maybe Matthias and Lukas and own this one?

> 3) KDE variant of Adwaita theme
Still working on sorting out the staffing to take this on. Should hopefully have some progress soon.

> 4) Firewall/firewalld integration issues
Had a call with the firewalld devs late last week. Will send out the meeting notes to the fedora-desktop list
today.

> 5) Installation and compose methods work with rel-eng  (live image
> default, but install tree necessary for compose.  PXE/netboot iso?
> etc)
Anyone who can take this on? Maybe Kalev?

> I'm sure I'm missing a few things here.  Please chime in with what I'm
> forgetting.  In short, there's more than enough work to go around.
>
> Lastly, we've been rather quiet as a WG as of late.  The Cloud WG is
> going through a confirmation process with their members to make sure
> people are still interested and willing to do work.  That's not a bad
> idea for ourselves.  WG members, please take the time to reply with
> whether or not you wish to remain a WG member.
I do, and I do think that we need to find a better way to function as a
working group. I take part of the blame here for not pushing more on
this myself. Maybe we should try to structure our work like FeSCO? Since
the plan is for the working groups to replace many of the functions of
FeSCO then this would maybe be a good model?

Christian