Re: Considering GNOME 3.12 as an F20 update - brightness problems

I have had similar issues with brigthness when I dock/undock my T430s, however they have been fixed by the latest updates of the COPR

----- Original Message -----
From: Jiri Eischmann <eischmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:59:34 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Considering GNOME 3.12 as an F20 update - brightness problems

Matthias Clasen píše v Čt 03. 04. 2014 v 10:20 -0400:
> Hey,
>
> so the time has come to consider this - thanks to the great work of
> Richard and Kalev on the copr, we have a set of 3.12 packages that have
> already received fairly wide testing.
>
> But we should be careful, so I want to ask for concrete problem reports
> with the copr packages, besides dependency problems caused by the
> parallel nature of the copr itself.
>
> Did any of your gnome-shell extensions break ?
>
> Did you experience crashes or other serious problems with applications ?
>
> If so, please let us know on the desktop list. If I don't hear of major
> problems by next week, I'll file a Fesco ticket to ask for an exception.

I've hit another annoying problem. I cannot change brightness level. The
Fn keys don't work at all, when changing it in the user menu or power
management settings it changes the backlight randomly in one of ten
attempts. Moreover indicator in the user menu always shows zero level of
backlight.
I always blamed drivers or something lower in the graphics stack for
this. But it works perfectly in KDE and I can also change backlight with
xbacklight or xrandr.
I'm using up-to-date Fedora 20+GNOME 3.12 Copr on Lenovo X240.
Anyone has hit the same problem?
BTW the more I'm using GNOME 3.12 the more I think it's not ready for
the prime time. I'd rather wait for fixing releases.

Jiri