Re: F21 changes for the workstation: firewall

(ignoring firewall, answering the other questions)

Matthias Clasen (mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
> - Do we want fedora-readonly included ? This is coming from the
> readonly-root feature, but it is off by default, and don't think it is a
> tested configuration, so who knows if it works. And we're probably not
> going to turn it on for the Workstation

It's how ovirt-node and assorted smaller images run, so it is a tested
configuration in some cases. Likely less so in the Workstation case,
obviously.

> - What is fedora-configure, and why is it installed ? It seems to be a
> complicated way of triggering 'system reconfiguration' which in this
> case means running a shell script as a systemd service, which in turn
> runs /usr/bin/firstboot. Since /usr/bin/firstboot has been replaced by
> anacondas initial-setup, I can only conclude that this functionality is
> also unused, untested and not working, and should probably be removed.

As the guy that merged this way back in the day, I'm fine with it going away
in favor of something like virt-sysprep for those that need to deconfigure
their system. But I don't maintain it any more - file an initscripts bug?

Bill