Re: Filling the gaps in the spec: media

On Sat, 2014-02-22 at 03:59 +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 08:06:54PM -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
>
> > Well sorta. It's writable, but to also be  bootable it's got a lot of baggage:
> > http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/11285.html
>
> We build iso images right now. If we wanted to build pure USB images
> we'd need to rewrite chunks of the build system to handle that. It would
> actually be more effort to do so than to maintain the status quo, so I'd
> lean heavily towards continuting to build iso images unless we have a
> pretty well defined set of problems we can avoid.

I assume livemedia-creator DTRT, right? (We're currently stuck with
livecd-creator due to koji/lmc incompatibility anyway, but if both our
currently-available image creation tools handle this already, we can
pretty much quit worrying about it unless someone a) has an incredible
urge to write another and b) wants to make it USB-only).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey