Re: Updated Fedora Workstation PRD draft

Hi Alexander,

On 11/26/2013 07:42 AM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> It seems to me the same goals could be accomplished by making
> a "barebones", excellent quality 'base' Fedora and then having
> a 'development group', a 'server group', a 'cloud group',
> an 'other users group', etc.., of app packages that the user can
> add to this 'base' Fedora as needed.

I think the 'other users' will be covered by the spins. For example, the
'Design Suite' spin isn't going anywhere - that has Gimp, Inkscape,
Blender, and a bunch of other stuff targeted at digital artists. Just
because the main workstation doesn't target digital artists doesn't mean
it won't be usable for them, and I intend to continue using Fedora for a
workstation to use that kind of software.

Anyway, just as you describe, the spins can be added on top of an
install. So I think, using design suite as an example again, you could
install Fedora workstation and then install the 'design-suite' package
group on top to make it a Fedora design-suite system. Does that make
sense? There's nothing in the PRD that would cause that to stop working
that I can see.

~m