Re: Draft v2 Workstation WG Governance Charter

> Here's the second draft of the charter.

Thanks, Josh!  Overall it looks pretty good to me -
I have put some comments below.

> The FESCo liaison is always a member of the decision making group for
> the Work  Group.  The liaison is responsible for presenting the WG
> decisions and summary of WG discussions to FESCo on a regular basis.
> They will also take feedback or requirements from FESCo back to the
> WG.  The liaison is not required to be a  FESCo member, but should be
> able to regularly attend the FESCo meetings.

good

> Members of the Work Group are chosen by the Work Group as seats become
> available.  In the event that a current member relinquishes their
> seat, the Work Group will fill the seat by selecting a candidate and
> approving by majority consensus.  Eligible candidates must be in the
> FPCA+1 group.  The Work Group is highly  encouraged to seek out
> candidates that have been showing persistent and high quality
> contribution to the Workstation product.

Basically looks okay to me.

What does the "+1" mean here though?  Is "FPCA Group" sufficient?
However some Red Hatters are in the Red Hat Employee CLA group instead.

> For bigger issues, where there may be disagreement, or where there is
> long-term  impact, or where an action may not easily be undone, we
> will put forth a formal  proposal on the mailing list with a
> "[Proposal for Vote] header in the email Subject:  field.  Working
> group members can vote +1 to approve, -1 to disagree, or 0 to abstain;
> five +1 votes are necessary for a measure to pass.

Should a timeframe for voting be mentioned?  Within one week?

> In the event that a live meeting is held in IRC to discuss an issue,
> proposals will be done in much the same way.  A member will put forth
> an official proposal by prefixing a summary of such with "Proposal:"
> and WG members will vote as above.  Results will be recorded and
> posted in any meeting minutes.

Sounds reasonable

> (NOTE: I chose option #2 from the previous draft for now.  If you'd
> like to see something different, please speak up.  I don't believe
> anyone commented on this section specifically.)

Not sure which would be more effective and practical.
If we are not going to have a WG mailing-list
then perhaps a trac instance would be good idea
and help to separate WG business from general desktop discussion?

Do we have a wiki space yet?

Thanks, Jens