Re: My input: Case 4: Developer in a Large Organization

On Thu, 7 Nov 2013, Sergio Pascual wrote:
Yes, this is importtant to me also. This is what seems closer to how workstations are used for scientific research.
Tools for analysing data (R, Python, Perl, gnuplot, octave; also Matlab and IDL) and writing research papers (latex).
With less interest in having the latest desktop and more interest in robustness, particullary in the tools used to do
the work.

We've tried EL desktops, but for my users the tools are just too old. Fedora is a much better fit. I do have colleagues who rebuild vast numbers of packages from Fedora for EL to try to make it a better desktop.

Cheers,
Jimmy