Re: phasing out gconf migration scripts

> The bulk of the gconf->gsettings migration in GNOME application has
> happened in f15, when GNOME 3 was introduced. Since then, we've been
> installing .convert files in /usr/share/GConf/gsettings/ and running the
> gsettings-data-convert tool at every login.
>
> I think it is time to declare the migration done, and phase out
> those .convert files. I'd like to propose this as a goal for f20.

Wouldn't it be easier to disable the conversion script by default
instead? It would also be easier to achieve this upstream, if we decide
to phase out the GConf migration there, though I can see benefits in
keeping the files and the script (even if disabled) so that larger scale
migrations can happen.