Re: Fedora Logo on the login screen

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
> In the context of Fedora, user == customer. They are putting their
> issues into bugzilla.redhat.com.

It's not exactly the same dynamic as RHEL, though.

In Fedora, the users who file bugs are part of the project. The issues aren't support tickets alongside an SLA but instead a way for a user to engage in the community to report problems. I view it as something they are doing for the "good of the many".  It's a very important thing, it helps us get a handle on the really critical issues, and often the reporters get something out of it, too.

But the the dynamic can't and shouldn't be us standing behind a conveyor belt fixing each problem as it rolls by.  There aren't enough resources for that.  People who want that level of support have avenues for getting it (RHEL etc).

Put another way, we aren't servicing them, we're servicing the community and the project.  Likewise, they aren't getting service from us, they're servicing the community they're a part of and the project by filing the issues.

--Ray