Re: Fedora Logo on the login screen

Hey Lynn and Ryan,

----- Original Message -----
> I would be interested in becoming a triager, but I am not sure what
> to do or how to get started.
Thanks for volunteering. Ideally the process is something like:

1) read the report carefully, and ask for clarification on any details that are vague or unclear
2) verify that it's filed against the correct component based on the description of the bug
3) search in bugzilla for any duplicates of the problem and close DUPLICATE if possible.
4) try to reproduce the problem, if possible, and then if successful, list specific step-by-step reproduction instructions for others to reproduce (unless the reporter already did this, and following their instructions worked).
5) ensure the fedora version listed on the report is the latest version of fedora the problem still happens in.
6) if the issue isn't distro specific, search upstream bugzilla for an existing report that describes the same bug
7) If found, mention the bug number as an external bug link on the page
8) If found, post a comment in the upstream bug report linking to the downstream report.
8) If not found, either ask the reporter to file upstream or file the report upstream yourself.
9) If the issue is not something we specifically want to track for a release, close the bug UPSTREAM.
10) if the issue is something we want to track for a release move the bug to ASSIGNED and it will get closed when the update is pushed out, or when the fix is applied.
11) if the issue is something we want to track for an upcoming release and it's a relatively high impact bug, add something to the CommonBugs wiki page.

Obviously depending on various constraints (time, hardware to reproduce, motivation, etc) not all of those steps will always get followed.

But in an ideal world, bug fixing isn't "worked on" downstream.  The bug fixing needs to happen upstream so non-Fedora, upstream developers are available to do peer-review and chime in.

As far as what bugs to focus on? I'd say gnome-shell and gnome-settings-daemon are good places to start.

--Ray