Re: The new gnome-software application

On 03/05/2013 06:06 PM, drago01 wrote:
> I still don't understand the whole fuzz about that .. it can't be that
> hard to ship a bunch of icons and text ...

IIRC there is/was some kind of issue with shipping a bunch of icons with
varying licenses in the same package.

There's no reason why we couldn't provide some kind of API to pull the
icons from Fedora Packages tho
(https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/) which would allow access to
the icons without having to put them in a big megapackage.

Also, you can get tag metadata for packages from tagger, I think there
is an API for that - https://apps.fedoraproject.org/tagger/

~m