Re: What ever happen to current locale in Gnome terminal?

  On 07/15/2010 05:05 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On 7/15/10 7:17 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> >  Neither have you answered any of mine but git will tell you when the
>> >  code was changed and in what Fedora release that change ended up in as
>> >  it will tell me why is what I could have responded with if I wanted to
>> >  sink to your level of response.
> Please lets be excellent to each other here and avoid the hostilities.

AFAIK Nobody is being hostile here.

It's just the way we communicate.

I was expecting an answer something on the lines of..

If we or I can recalled correctly this got removed because of X
reason(s). . .

Or

This got deprecated because y reason(s). . . .

Users are expected to do Z now.

And you can achieve the same thing by doing this now..

With the following . . . .

Hey no problem I'll adjust and adapt .. . . :)

Or the opposite

We or I ( as in Fedora Gnome Maintainer(s) ) have no clue why this was
done and we know of no alternitives/workaround to achive the same or
similar thing that was used to do.

With the following..

Dam! I just try to not to drive my self mad when dealing with the extra
point and click when I run Gnome Terminal.

In my infinite wisdom I abandon the ( apparent old ) CLI way of things
and tried to go the GUI route which came logically to me which was to
create a separated profile in Gnome Terminal and you know try to
configuring this per profile.

Then I could just start/use Gnome Terminal with various different
profiles only to find out you cant and I don't know if that would be
considered a bug that you cant configure this per profile since I don't
know the real reason why this had to be removed in the first place.

JBG