Re: Hands-on: new single-window mode makes GIMP less gimpy

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8 February 2010 15:01, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >From what I have heard from discussions with graphics/design
>> processionals CMYK wouldn't make them use GIMP on Linux because there
>> is no CMS (colour management system) on Linux. Maybe they would use it
>> on Windows instead Photoshop, but untill there is a professional CMS
>> on Linux CMYK or RGB makes no difference.
>
> You've seen http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ColorManagement for
> F13, right?
>
> Richard.

Jup, and this is far from professional CMS from what I have heard. Are
you sure this is pro-grade CMS? I'm not a pro but please ask somebody
who is if this CMS in Fedora would work with professional print shops,
magazines, ad-companies, etc.

--
pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/