Re: Hands-on: new single-window mode makes GIMP less gimpy

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Rudolf Kastl <che666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2010/2/5 Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2010/02/hands-on-new-single-window-mode-makes-gimp-less-gimpy.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss
>>
>> Can't wait to get my hands on single-windows GIMP!
>>

> personally i think that is rather a step back for professional users
> than a step forward since it kills alot flexibility. To get more
> professional audience for gimp working on stuff like CYMK support
> would have been alot more useful. (feedback from nearly all
> professional layout artists i have contact to.).  but thats a
> completly different discussion and story.

>From what I have heard from discussions with graphics/design
processionals CMYK wouldn't make them use GIMP on Linux because there
is no CMS (colour management system) on Linux. Maybe they would use it
on Windows instead Photoshop, but untill there is a professional CMS
on Linux CMYK or RGB makes no difference.

ps. I'm just an amateur phorographer and don't care for perfect colour
matching in print, I love GIMP and use it all the time.

Valent.

--
pratite me na twitteru - www.twitter.com/valentt
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/