Re: Dropping Gimp from the live cd

On 08/05/2009 06:08 PM, Tomasz Kisielewski wrote:
I see it is not possible to make perfect live cd for everyone desktop
users, sys admins, developers....
Why not to separate these groups and prepare 2 versions on fc13 live cd,
for example desktop and developers edition?
It is stupid idea, but if U think about this....it might make sense.
People who don't do programming, don't care about eclipse, apache,
sqlite, php, python and other stuff. Developers and students,
particularly last one would appreciate system ready to work for example
with django, php on apache, mysql, eclipse, netbeans. I am not sure if
we can make apache or mysql running from live cd, please frogive me my
stupidity :)

We have such spins http://spins.fedoraproject.org/ and there are more in the development but the truth some spins are "more equal" than others: a single one is featured on the download page and recommended to the majority of our users - and this one is expected to provide the best collection of defaults and the best out of the box experience.