Re: Gimp vs GNU Image Manipulation Program

Valent Turkovic escribió:
After speaking with upstream it seams that that is the case. They want
more recognition of the name "GNU Image Manipulation Program" and even
if I personally think that is wrong I respect their decision. Fedora
has "respect upstream" attitude so it should respect their decision...

Cheers,
Valent.

/disclaimer: The following comment is only a rant, disregard as easily, I had to get it out of my chest:

While we are at it, decomposing acronyms why call it "GNU Image Manipulation Program" at all, why not call it "GNU is Not Unix Image Manipulation Program", instead? Geeze!... I know, I know it is none of my business, but this looks like RMS-type of crusade to get the "GNU" brand better recognized as "Linux" took off much more than "GNU"