Re: Firefox 3 feature

On 12/03/2007 05:09 PM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 03.12.2007 16:03, Colin Walters wrote:
The reason I created it is because it isn't actually as trivial as just
changing everything to XulRunner and updating the Firefox package - we
do ship Firefox extensions (at least in Mugshot, perhaps elsewhere)

I don't think we ship any besides Mugshot -- and if I'm wrong on that
I'm sure they are very rare because we have no guidelines for packaging
them. Some packages with extensions were put up for review but they iirc
got stuck.

Which brings me to my question: Does anyone know if Firefox 3 makes it
easier to package extensions (that was planed iirc)? Should we prepare
guidelines for packaging extensions?

Once we get closer to having Firefox v3 (or rather a pre-release of it) in rawhide, I'll draft them.