Re: f8 desktop livecd

David Zeuthen wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 13:40 +0200, dragoran wrote:
for x86_64 we already use a dvd ... so why not add OO ?

It's been a goal, earlier, to produce a distribution that fits on a CD
for all the usual reasons: DVD media is more expensive, not everyone has
DVD burners, some people don't even have DVD readers.

I doubt you will find a many *x86_64* boxes without dvd readers (or even burners).
Btw, some of us consider the goal of having multilib on the x86_64
desktop live cd wrong.
I disagre here people want third party apps to run out of the box and some of them are not shipped as x86_64 versions the best examples are flash and closed sources games like quake4.
 I'm sure it makes a lot of sense for general
Fedora users (especially those using an enterprise rebuild, *cough*,
RHEL) but am not so sure that the segment we're trying to target really
cares. And if they do care, our package management tools should be able
to pull in the 32-bit requisite packages anyway (and I think the tools
support this already).

if its about installing packages its true and they indeed gets pulled in. but still basic multilib support is needed for cases like I mentioned above.
[..] I don't know what the answer is to any of these. At
least it's worth thinking about.

+1