Re: fedora 6/7 - why do you ignore k3b by default?

Valent Turkovic wrote:

I installed k3b on my gnome desktop after and some kde dependencies
got also installed. so what?!? is that a bad thing?!? Users don't care

Yes, wasted space is a bad thing:
- on the media space is important, the liveCD had already to leave out useful applications due to space constraints;
- for an online install there is much more to download;
- more libraries will require more updates to be downloaded and installed in the future;
- how about machines with a limited amount of RAM?

which toolkit an app uses - when they can use it and it works.

I detailed in another message why users care. Well, maybe not the users coming from Windows, where almost every application has its own incompatible look and feel...

Ok, 3 seconds it too much time to wait :) Then switch to windows, they
boot much faster than linux :) Speed is not a sane argument here for
me.

GnomeBaker is much faster to start (because the libraries are already in memory).

I use it all the time, ISO burning the most, making cd and dvd
compilations of multimedia... etc... formating DVD-RW and DVD+RW's...

I believe you know about ISO burning with a right-click directly from Nautilus.

Of course, the rule is not always true, as Firefox is preferred to
Epiphany, and examples can continue on both sides.

Firefox is a great example and also is OpenOffice on KDE where it
feels a bit misplaced but is needed still.

I see quite a lot of KDE users preferring Konqueror instead of Firefox and OpenOffice.org was kicked out of the LiveCD because is too large.