Re: Why is Fedora a multimedia disaster? - Here is why.

Dotan Cohen wrote:

Kubuntu 6.10 most certainly does install proprietary codecs upon
demand, right inside Amarok.

That does not contradict what I said. I was only talking about software included by default. Do you think that previous of Kubuntu or all versions of OpenSUSE "scared" people?

 Very slick, and it is a make-or-break
deal for a lot of new users.   Compiz in Fedora is certainly true, but
eye-candy is not a deal maker-or-breaker.

Sure it is for many people. Just visit some popular Linux related websites and read the news or comments.

I entered the discussion not with the intention of telling you what to
do, rather, to make you aware of the possibility of scaring people
away with it. The inclusion of said CodecBuddy will likely change
that.

A few mails back you explicitly said several times that you wanted us to drop creating a Live image. I guess you changed your opinion. Now that we are aware of your opinion that some users might get "scared" ,how does a introduction of a Live CD change anything? Those very same people might have tried non-live CD versions and had the same effect.

Rahul