Re: usability: unplugged ethernet cable on an office desktop

Dan Williams wrote:

SUSE doesn't have that many custom patches for NetworkManager, they
pretty much ship a stock version.  So the base functionality isn't the
same.  What they have chosen to do is just flip the switch, turn it on
by default, and people then live with it or turn it off.

They just flipped the switch, and seem to be doing fine so far. [1]

Dan

[1] That doesn't mean it would be fine for us, of course.  But it's a
data point.

Without any deep understanding of the issues I would say we can do the same for FC6 and update the missing features later.

Rahul