Re: Jump Drive

Thanks for the response Kyrre. From several other posts I gather that that is the standard response for FC3 or FC4. I am running FC2. Even with FC2 I should be able to see messages from dmesg showing that the system recognized the USB drive, and I should be able to mount it manually.

What I discovered on my PC (Velocity Micro) was that the USB ports in the front of the computer did not work, I saw error messages when running dmesg. The USB ports on the back of the computer worked, and I was at least able to manually mount the USB drive.

At 11:55 AM 9/20/2005, you wrote:
man, 19.09.2005 kl. 22.27 skrev Gary P Carr:
> How do I get Fedora to recognize and read a Lexar JumpDrive?

Is that an USB flash reader? It should be recognized automatically when
you insert it, and when you insert some media, it should be mounted and
pop up on your desktop.

If not, that is a bug - please file a bug against component kernel.

Kyrre

--

Fedora-desktop-list@xxxxxxxxxx

Fedora-desktop-list@xxxxxxxxxx