Re: Changes to firefox FC3

David Zeuthen wrote:
On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 14:25 -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:

I was just diagnosing an issue with JavaScript versions for my
university studies and noted that the version of JavaScript changed from
the initial release of FC3 with the first update to firefox.

When updating packages in Fedora, we usually bump to latest upstream
version instead of back-porting fixes. So, yes, this is probably
intentional. More information here

http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html

Reading the version numbers mentioned in the original mail in the thread, it would appear that the oldest firefox rpm mentioned contains the newest Javascript (1.5) and newer versions contain older Javascript (1.4). Sounds like a downgrade to me rather than an upgrade.

I just noticed that and thought I'd point it out in case others
saw it the other way around, which seems the case from other
comments in the thread...

--

Fedora-desktop-list@xxxxxxxxxx