Re: Screensavers in FC3

Mike A. Harris wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, psychoelmo wrote:

this makes sense to me.. although i would leave a couple of basic ones
in core, and split up the rest into two packages, ones that run
without 3d accel. and those that need it.

All of the OpenGL screensavers work with Mesa software OpenGL,
albeit some of them are quite slow, but none of them have a hard requirement of 3D acceleration.

That's like listening to a CD that skips, or a download that goes at two bytes per second.

It does make sense to me for them to be in a
xscreensaver-3D-savers package or something perhaps.

Yes, it does.