From: fedora-desktop-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-desktop-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Steven
Garrity
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 7:53
To: Discussions about development for the Fedora desktop
Subject: Re: Screensavers in FC3

Ed Mack wrote:

Simple, clean, avoids flamewars.

That's a nice way to handle it, but it's only really aimed

at the geek

population. 'Bootstrapping GCC' isn't something many normal

users do.

I like the idea of including a few 'pretty' screensavers

the user can

choose to run from the control panel if they feel the urge

to customise

- otherwise people can become disalusioned, and people will happily
judge their first Linux experience by the quality of given

screensavers.

A lot of the Xscreensavers need to be taken to the pasture and shot,
they are /so/ 1983

I agree that a few simple/quality screensavers would be fine to include by default, but if the debate over which should stay will at all delay the removal of all the cruft, I'd say we go to blank-only.

I think blank-only is a better default for now, and we can work on getting a couple (probably just one good simple Fedora logo screensaver) back in later on.

Steven Garrity