Re: NoMachine NX, Fedora and Terminal Services

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 10:00:45 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	(Oh, one question I forgot is whether or not NX is really interesting
> for terminal services. Low bandwidth requirements might only really come
> to the fore for things like connecting to your office machine from home
> or a sysadmin in the head office administering a desktop in a branch
> office. So, on a fast local network does NX really noticeably improve
> the usability of an X terminal?)

Wouldn't a low bandwidth solution allow you to fit more terminals onto the
same piece of wire without reconfiguring your network?

I don't know how common that would be, but given that current thick
clients don't use large amounts of bandwidth I'd guess converting them all
to thin clients would place a big load on the wire itself. It'd be nice if
less/no reconfiguration was needed.

thanks -mike

--

Fedora-desktop-list@xxxxxxxxxx