Re: New GNOME splash screen.

Jon Atkinson wrote:

Hi,

I've just modified the default Fedora Core 1 GNOME splash screen. I moved the lighter box upwards slightly so that the splash icons appear in the middle of the box rather than slightly offset, as they did before. It's only a small improvement, and I don't even know if the splash screen format will be the same in FC2 (though I didn't see any mention of GNOME 2.6 in the next release schedule), but I'd like to submit it.

Which brings me to my next question; how? Should I attach it to a list message, or is there somewhere to find out who I should email it to directly? I see no clear guidelines on the Desktop project page.

Jon,

Thanks.

In testing, I had a different font than what the final shipped with, so the offset happened. If you send me the file directly (as it should be small enough for email), then I can (eventually*) fix the AI file, re-export, and roll the changes back in to the artwork package.

* I'm about to leave the office for the Christmas and New Years holidays, so there will most likely be a couple week delay.

Thanks,
Garrett