Re: 3D screensavers - separate package

/ It would be nice to include a basic no-frills, low-cpu usage "Fedora" screensaver (just pop up the Fedora logo in random places for a short while)
/ I think we can live without constant reminder that this isn't windows.
/
and the blank one, as well as a few of the nicer ones... then toss the rest in an extras package. We could default to the Fedora-branded screensaver (it would simply use a PNG so that the image could be easily swapped out). Of course, this is just my personal $0.02, so take that into account. (: Garrett

/As for this seperate package business-- While I recognize the need for some hardware setups to avoid the 3D frills, it really seems irrelevant to be able to avoid all 3D and leave the low-cpu ones.
Leave it as blankscreen for default- maybe to avoid woo-ing Fedora newcomers, and keeping them a little more focused on the task of learning a new operating system rather than getting their background and color scheme correct immediately after an install.

One of the notable points I read in the last couple messages was the one concerning the login-prompt to unlock the screen. I second any motion to redesign it as fit- because it does look a bit crude and old-school Gnome/Enlightenment-ish.