tutorial

hi.  I am a linux user but not much as a developer on
linux config programs.  But on one of our school
project, we are to develop a mini config module for
fedora.  Reading some of the codes of the directory
/usr/share/redhat-config*, I am having difficulty on
starting to create a config program.  Using some of
the config programs on fedora, I observe that it seems
that they are just calling one common class or object.
 Where can I find the object?

Can you guys give me links for tutorials to start my
project?  I would like to learn from concepts, to
login up to creating programs.

thank you very much.

john