RE: partition tool

On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 13:30 -0500, Otto Haliburton wrote:
> I am interested in knowing what you were trying to do that parted or
> fdisk
> could not do for you?
Well, when I first tried to mount it (via an external USB 2.0 casing),
it told me it didn't recognize the filesystem. I had to divide it into
partitions and give them all filesystems.
It's not so much that fdisk and parted couldn't handle the task, its
just that for someone completely clueless about disk management (myself,
for example), it would have been nice to have a graphical tool to walk
me through the process. OTOH, I did learn something about how all these
things work, so thats something.
> 2nd I hope you were not trying to do a low level
> format on your new 200gb disk.
Um, no. Although, out of curiosity, is there anything wrong with doing
that (other than the ridiculous amount of time it would take)?

Thanks,
Haran
--
"Tell a man there are 3 billion stars in the universe and he
will accept it on faith, tell a man a bench has wet paint and