redhat-config-banners

Hya guys, great work... I'm a lazy fedgov admin who has a collection of warning banners in /etc/banners & would like to see a package that installs security policy waring banners in a standard fashion. Call it 'redhat-config-banners' ?

I usually link these custom /etc/banners templates & configs to some builtins scattered about...
/etc/issue
/etc/issue.net
/etc/ssh/sshd.conf - has line that points to /etc/issue.net
/etc/banners/vsftpd - built with tcpwrappers
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/security-guide/ch-server.html

I use the classic gui login & have a graphic replacement for any "Welcome" messages in the GUI logins, I'd like to build some custom Blucurve Themed logins eventually... I know its boring stuff & no one reads it, but many companies interested in 'Enterprise' have similar conformance/compliance requirements. It gets old pushing some of this around via scripts or by hand each build or when /etc/issue gets overwritten.

I'm not a dev & new to the list, but I do have some templates and content. If there's enough interest in this tool, I think it would be fairly easy to implement & later it could be customizable with logos & such, which might even help sell a product.

--
Art Wildman  - wildman@xxxxxxxxx
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin