Idea about misposts to the list.

I was looking through my personal archives of the list, and noticed that it is somewhat common for people to ask system configuration questions to the list. We all know that's off topic since the list is rather for discussions about *package* configuration (builds and stuff). Since it is necesary to subscribe to the list in order to post, and for that we are require to confirm the request, wouldn't it make sense to specify in that e-mail the purpose of the list? Many users may hit directly the registration site from a search on google and the like and not be directed through the normal path, i.e knowing exactly what the list is about.

Just a thought.