Re: Request system-config-mail

Jon Roland wrote:

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

Matthew Miller wrote:

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 11:20:28AM -0600, Jon Roland wrote:

1. Gives the user a choice of which email client to make the default: Mozilla Mail, Thunderbird, Evolution, Kmail, or Other (select).

There's "gnome-default-applications-properties", a.k.a. "Preferred Applications", which has a Mail Reader tab.

KDE provides this functionality from their 'Control Center'

Yes, but only partially, and only from the user's viewpoint. A complete tool would support

a. Being executable from another program, such as anaconda.

b. Enabling a tie between MTA and client such that to switch the default MTA will also switch the default clients tied to it, and switching the default client will switch the default MTA associated with it.

c. Enabling global as well as per-user settings.

d. Keeping all the services like procmail, spamassassin, clamav, fetchmail, milter, etc. in sync with one another through all the changes of configuration of any component.

-- Jon

I see your point, very interesting. I once dreamed of wring a GUI to Postfix. I haven't attainted the necessary skills yet.