Re: Request system-config-mail

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 11:20:28AM -0600, Jon Roland wrote:
> 1. Gives the user a choice of which email client to make the default:
> Mozilla Mail, Thunderbird, Evolution, Kmail, or Other (select).

There's "gnome-default-applications-properties", a.k.a. "Preferred
Applications", which has a Mail Reader tab.

> 2. Gives the user the choice of MTA to use with it: sendmail, exim4,
> postfix, qmail, other (select), remote (select).

This part already exists, although not with all the options you suggest:
system-switch-mail.

I'm not sure mixing the system and per-user settings into one app is the way
to go, but some easy way to discover one from the other is probably good.
And the "gnome" thing needs to be made to work with not just Gnome.

--
Matthew Miller            mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
-->  Fedora Users & Developers Conference, hosted by Boston University  <--