Re: Raid question

hi; um no i havent had teh same problem with my harddrives and i have them both teh same. did you not want to format teh other harddrive? i was just thinking that if you put teh same filesystem on there as you did on teh one with FC2 that fedora might have not have a heart attack when it tries to read it? really your question isnt really clear. can you get into teh fedora OS or is it not loading at all? i'd like to give more useful comments if at all possible.

J. Taylor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Yuhard Ngun" <yuhard@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-config-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 3:53 PM
Subject: Raid question

Hi,

Does anybody encounter problem configuring software RAID 1 with FC2?

I have 2 identical HDDs, the 1st one where I install FC2 and the 2nd HDD is
unformatted. Here is the error messages I got:

# mkraid /dev/md0
handling MD device /dev/md0
analyzing super-block
disk 0: /dev/hda, 29316672kB, raid superblock at 29316608kB
disk 1: /dev/hdc, 29316672kB, raid superblock at 29316608kB
mkraid: aborted.
(In addition to the above messages, see the syslog and /proc/mdstat as well
for potential clues.)
#

Here is error from log file:

kernel: md: could not lock hda.
kernel: md: error, md_import_device() returned -16

# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities :
md0 : inactive
unused devices: <none>

# cat /etc/raidtab
raiddev /dev/md0
      raid-level              1
      nr-raid-disks           2
      nr-spare-disks          0
      chunk-size              4
      persistent-superblock   1
      device                  /dev/hda
      raid-disk               0
      device                  /dev/hdc
      raid-disk               1
#

Any comments and help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Yuhard