Re: system-config-soundcard

Le jeu 30/09/2004 Ã 05:13, Jeff Spaleta a Ãcrit :
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 04:37:36 +0200, Matias Feliciano
> <feliciano.matias@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sorry for my English :o)
> >
> > I spend some times with audio setting and system-config-soundcard.
>
> I think you might need to move this discussion about the best way to
> patch s-c-soundcard
> to the fedora-config-list  mailinglist.
>
> As for how to file bug reports. The best thing you can do is to file a
> seperate bug report for each seperate problem that you have found.
> For example the unmute issue only unmuting the first card, seems to me
> seperate than your issue with being able to configure the card order,

I don't know if it's a issue since Fedora (s-c-sc) doesn't support it
anymore.

> so at least those 2 issues should be filed in 2 seperate reports.
>
> Also if you have enhanced the codebase

No user visible enhancement (except bugfix).

>  you will want to create a patch
> file that contains the differences between the original and yours and
> attach the patch file to the appropriate bug report.

Not easy for each bugs. The patch is here :
http://feliciano.matias.free.fr/system-config-soundcard/mat.patch

>  Futher discussion
> of the value of the patches though and how to best re-work them if
> re-working is needed is done in the system-config-soundcard.

>   Its good
> that you have taken the initiative to  play around with the codebase
> and hack on it a little. But the best thing you can do is get on the
> fedora-config-list and see if you can get some feedback from other
> developers about your code.

OK, move to fedora-config-list
The initial post is here :
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2004-September/msg01634.html

And this is my following question for fedora-test-list :
        Does system-config-soundcard have to continue to load all
        modules whereas initscript/kmodule should do this job ?