Sound Card Error

Hey I am so sorry, I have not been on linux for a while and well I dont know if this is the right list to get help with a sound card issue. I use the soundcard config utitily in Fedora but I never hear any sound and I have two sound cards. I have no Idea what in the world is going on is there any command like sndconfig like there use to be?

Luke

Thanks and if I am in the wrong list could some one point me to the right one?