Re: [Fwd: system-config-schedule has been moved to gnome-schedule]

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 20:01 +0800, Colin Charles wrote:
> Think this might get some interest (and possibly some contributors?)

And everybody is, of course, free to make contributions.

The anoncvs of gnome.org has a little delay on the development cvs. So
if you want to work on some file, check it out using anoncvs and make a
diff using the viewcvs of gnome.org and apply it to your version.

Then copy that file to samefile.py.orig and start working on samefile.
py. Once saved create a diff against samefile.py.orig and send that diff
to the mailinglist.

If you want to make a contribution that will make it to the release, you
will have to be fast. You can checkout the TODO file. It's updated.

We are, for example, looking for somebody to create a sample .spec file
that will install the consolehelper and pam stuff on a Fedora Core 2.

We are also looking for somebody to write the initial documentation. As
neither me nor Kristof Vansant nor Gaute Hope (the list of current
developers) are native English speakers nor any good at writing end-user
documentation.

> Email message/mailbox attachment, "Forwarded message -
>  system-config-schedule has been moved to gnome-schedule"

Note that the gnome-schedule development mailinglist is in CC. If you
want to start a lengthly discussion about gnome-schedule, I kindly
invite you to not do it here but move the discussion to this
mailinglist.

If Red-Hat is interested to get gnome-schedule included in the next test
release of Fedora Core 3, we'd be very happy indeed. And we will put
efforts in getting it accepted as part of Fedora Core 3, if this is a
planned feature for Fedora Core 3 of course.

Note that we feel confident about the stability of gnome-schedule. Right
now we are just weeding out the little bugs and polishing the
userinterface and stuff like that.

We have feature-freezed the application but already have some new fresh
idea's in mind for the next release. One such idea is the melting of the
two editors (the one for crontab records and the one for at records) to
one unified GUI (and the same code). Kristof is dedicated to abstract at
and crontab a bit more for the userinterface layer and to remove the
hacky stuff to replace it with proper object oriented programming
techniques.

All three developers are actively working on gnome-schedule which makes
it a healthy project.

We have asked for a bugzilla on gnome.org which we will hopefully be
ready when we release 0.1.0.

For all questions about gnome-schedule:

Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: Philip dot VanHoof at Cronos dot Be
http://www.freax.be, http://www.freax.eu.org