Re: How to get X configuration from the command line

Yeah. system-config-packages doesn't have a non-graphical mode, but try
picking a generic driver like "vga" or "vesa" or something in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf (fedora) or /etc/X11/XF86Config (redhat) to at least get X
up and running. Example of what the Device section would look like for
generic vga driver:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "vga"