Re: Call for Yum Frontend (also YAST and Yum Frontend)

D. D. Brierton wrote:

...Red Carpet is a seriously good application. It pretty much
encompasses the functionality of yum, apt, up2date and
redhat-config-packages, and does some extra stuff too (for example, you
can ask it to install an RPM you have downloaded from somewhere or built
yourself and it will try and install all the dependencies for you).
.... Given that Red Carpet is completely open source is there some reason it
doesn't seem to have even been considered so far?

Best, Darren

Or we could use Red Carpet as shown above, the point is, we need to have SOME kind of package management, it doesn't really matter whether we reinvent the wheel or use code verbatim from YAST or RedCarpet or Gimp for that matter.

--
Jason Knight
Fedora Core 2 Test 3 *x86_64*