Re: [Fedora-config-list] Improvement to redhat-config-samba

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 03:47, Michele Cremasco wrote:
> Hallo
>
> In the redhat-config-samba there isn't a way to specify manually a share
> name.
> When you create a new share, you can specify only the path to share and
> a description of the share.
> I think that now the share name derives from the last part of the shared
> path, but if I need to share this path with another name? Or if I have 2
> differend path with the same final part (example /home/michele/data ->
> became "data", and /opt/data -> became "data" too !!) what can I do?
>
> I think that is important to add a field with the share name manually
> modificable.

The program should be smart enough to create a unique identifier for the
share name.  If it finds that a share of that name already exists, it
should start appending a counter onto the end.  For example, if "data"
is already shared, then adding another instance of "/opt/data" should be
named "data1", "data2", "data3", and so on.

Cheers,
   Brent