Re: [Fedora-config-list] kickstart configuration

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 13:33, seth vidal wrote:
> I know this is a crazy and unlikely idea but I'll throw it out there
> anyway.
>
> Would there be even the remotest possibility of ditching the arbitrary
> file format the ks.cfg and moving over to an xml-format. Then the
> configuration tools for generating the ks.cfg wouldn't have to be
> post-processed and since anaconda already needs the xml parser for
> comps, it could be a simpler structure.
>
> like I said - I know it's crazy but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Bug jeremy about it.  :)  We've talked about it a few times, but there
was never a compelling reason to make the switch to XML.  There were
always more important things to work on.  My guess is that he'll tell
you that there's more than enough installer work to get it ready for the
2.6 kernel to consider this now.

But this probably belongs more on anaconda-devel-list, since the
installer would have to change first.  Then we could look at changing
redhat-config-kickstart.

Cheers,
   Brent