Configuring X

Just installed Fedora as I want to try it out.

Having problems with my X config. When it changes to graphic mode it works for a little while then seizes totally. Nothing I can do works apart from pressing the reset button.

I have tried the redhat-config-xfree86 program and it happens there and when trying to do a graphical install too. I do have a working Debian installation as well.

System:
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Asus A7VE Motherboard (VIA Chipset)
640Mb Main Memory