Re: front end for yum/apt configuration

On Saturday 27 December 2003 17:34, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> Pieter Eendebak wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Would it be possible to include a graphical front end to configure the
> > repositories to be used by yum/apt? Preferably this would include the
> > option to get a list of popular repositories from the net.
>
> You can already install synaptic. It's in the fedora.us repository.
> It only works with apt.
But with synaptic I still have to look up the repositories myself and manually
enter them into Preferences/Repositories or directly into the configuration
files.

I would like to see this automated, i.e. synaptic retrieving a list of
repositories from the net by default. This would save me (and other people) a
lot of time.

bye,
Pieter