Re: Fedora design video hangouts

Hi everybody!

Thank you for replying to the scheduling survey; we have a time! :)

Wednesday, January 20 at 7 PM / 1900 UTC. [1].

Fedocal entry: https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/design/2021/1/20/#m9895

I have an .ical generated from Fedocal attached to this email. The  I will send out an email closer to the time as a reminder and also to see if anybody has any specific work they'd like feedback on or specific topics. If not, we will fall back to the F34 & F35 wallpaper designs.

MEETING CADENCE

I would like to use this time slot moving forward every two weeks, so the second session would be February 3rd, the third session would be 17, so on and so forth. There were 3 folks (the minimum possible) who could not make the Jan 20 specific timeslot. If this timeslot during other weeks moving forward is impossible for you to make and you feel strongly you'd like to be able to attend, please reach out to me off-list and we can certainly investigate an alternating time schedule.

MEETING RECORDING POLICY

I'd like to propose we make the recording available only until the next live meeting, at which time the recording of the old meeting will be deleted. I think this is a reasonable mix of allowing folks who cannot make it live the ability to participate while keeping some informality level to the meeting since it's not meant to be a permanent record. Let me know here on list or off-list if you have any concerns about this (I am happy to summarize off-list concerns here to preserve anonymity of anyone raising them for everyone's benefit.)

MEETING SOFTWARE

- We'll use Jitsi via Matrix: https://jitsi.riot.im/sCKrJFTGlxUYsIwkZumatrixorgihpwhaq9pq8 - The video chat will be attached to our Matrix room: https://matrix.to/#/#fedora-design:matrix.org - Firefox is recommended except if you have multi-screen and want to screenshare, in which case use Chromium or Chrome

These links will change after the Fedora element.io server becomes available imminently (hopefully before our first meeting?? :) )

MEETING SAFETY

I intend to maintain a laid-back / chill but also a super-respectful, calm, encouraging, and safe environment. All of the Fedora code of conduct rules [2] apply and I have zero qualms about enforcing them to keep this event highly-inclusive and safe for all.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers,

~m

[1] Converted to participant TZs, that is:

12 PM MST
2 PM ET
4 PM CLT
6 PM GMT-2
7 PM GMT
8 PM CET
10 PM EAT & MSK
12:30 AM IST

[2] https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//PYVOBJECT//NONSGML Version 1//EN
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:fedocal_EST
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10;UNTIL=20061029T060000Z
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20071104T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000402T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=4;UNTIL=20060402T070000Z
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20070311T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:20210112T152643Z-31787@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DTSTART;TZID=fedocal_EST:20210120T140000
DTEND;TZID=fedocal_EST:20210120T150000
 ️ designers in Fedora and friends. Anyone participating can bring some d
 esign work they are working on for some critique / advice / etc. If nobody
  has anything to show off Mo will have some Fedora design ticket or thing
 she's working on that we can look at as a back up.\n\nThis is a laid-back
 / chill but also a super-respectful\, calm\, encouraging\, and safe enviro
 nment. All of the Fedora code of conduct rules apply. \n\nMore information
  available at:\n[https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/design-team
 @lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/LPKGYAFRKG6JI7PWQIGCQVA6HKFBDAIM/](https:/
 /lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/design-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 /thread/LPKGYAFRKG6JI7PWQIGCQVA6HKFBDAIM/)
LOCATION:https://jitsi.riot.im/sCKrJFTGlxUYsIwkZumatrixorgihpwhaq9pq
ORGANIZER:duffy
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=2;UNTIL=20251231T000000Z
SUMMARY:🎨 Design Team Sessions Live (🎥 Video Chat)
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR