Re: 101 - Poster Design Workshop

Hello,

Benson Muite <benson_muite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Sa., 24. Okt. 2020,
19:12:

> On 10/24/20 2:29 PM, S.Kemter wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just checked if there is a video recording of the 101 Poster Design
> > Workshop I did at Flock in Krakow. Unfortunately there is none and of
> > course I have no slides as workshop means for me the participants have
> > to work, so doing things.
> >
> > There seems to be a need for it. So I can give an online one, similar to
> > this one, where we decided to add a Rock Concert to Flock and made a
> > poster for it.
> >
> > I just have to find the funds for it, sounds bit crazy but I can't use
> > my normal work place for it because of the time, they will be closed
> > then and doing it from my mobile connection is just ugly 10 minutes and
> > I would have to topup.
> > I have a place I use in this cases, unfortunately coffee I have to
> > consume there is horrible expensive (can eat all week breakfast for it)
> > and I have to go by tuktuk there.
> >
> > There are some other people interested, at least there been some
> > requests during the last months. Usually I make then pay what you want,
> > what carries the costs then. So I have to check with that people and if
> > there is still interest, I will set it up.
> >
> > Any interest here?

> There are a number of tutorials online.

It might be that there are thousands of tutorials

> Maybe we can create something
> asynchronously and use it on the wiki?

No I will not prepare something "asynchronously"

> There is a t-shirt tutorial that
> could possibly be extended:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_T-shirt_design

Tell me, what shirt design has to do with poster design? Besides that
we had some experiences since Mo putted that into the wiki back in
2011. Not to encourage people to do such stuff themself and then do
mess it up.

> The logo tutorial here:
> https://www.deviantart.com/jadematrix/art/Epic-Logo-tutorial-101852273
> is much more comprehensible than a video.

Tell me what is "epic" on this logo? That should be better called do a
special shape with Inkscape but "Epic Logo" sells better

> If the designs could be printed, one could partner with a t-shirt
> company such as www.hellotux.com or https://www.freewear.org
> (https://akademy.kde.org/2020/tshirt) to provide the designer a small
> commission on any resulting sales.

you going bit wildside?

> One could possibly also use:
> https://inkstitch.org/

of course, I start my Brother to stitch posters :)

> Possible start for a poster tutorials:
> http://blog.felixbreuer.net/2010/10/24/poster.html

where is the difference between a scientific conference poster and a
marketing poster?

> http://sirselim.github.io/workshops-tutorials/Basic_Inkscape_Poster_Design_Tutorial_150916.pdf

great, doesnt help the people on their problem at all