Re: 101 - Poster Design Workshop

On 10/24/20 2:29 PM, S.Kemter wrote:
Hi,

I just checked if there is a video recording of the 101 Poster Design Workshop I did at Flock in Krakow. Unfortunately there is none and of course I have no slides as workshop means for me the participants have to work, so doing things.

There seems to be a need for it. So I can give an online one, similar to this one, where we decided to add a Rock Concert to Flock and made a poster for it.

I just have to find the funds for it, sounds bit crazy but I can't use my normal work place for it because of the time, they will be closed then and doing it from my mobile connection is just ugly 10 minutes and I would have to topup. I have a place I use in this cases, unfortunately coffee I have to consume there is horrible expensive (can eat all week breakfast for it) and I have to go by tuktuk there.

There are some other people interested, at least there been some requests during the last months. Usually I make then pay what you want, what carries the costs then. So I have to check with that people and if there is still interest, I will set it up.

Any interest here?
There are a number of tutorials online. Maybe we can create something asynchronously and use it on the wiki? There is a t-shirt tutorial that could possibly be extended:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_T-shirt_design

The logo tutorial here:
https://www.deviantart.com/jadematrix/art/Epic-Logo-tutorial-101852273
is much more comprehensible than a video.

If the designs could be printed, one could partner with a t-shirt company such as www.hellotux.com or https://www.freewear.org (https://akademy.kde.org/2020/tshirt) to provide the designer a small commission on any resulting sales.

One could possibly also use:
https://inkstitch.org/

Possible start for a poster tutorials:
http://blog.felixbreuer.net/2010/10/24/poster.html