Vote Results for F33 & F34

Hi everyone!

Thanks to all who participated in our vote! Here are the results, with information from the very helpful doc on all of the candidates that Madeline put together:

Fedora 33:
Walter Lincoln Hawkins
(March 21, 1911 – August 20, 1992)

An American chemist and engineer widely regarded as a pioneer of polymer chemistry. For thirty-four years he worked at Bell Laboratories, where he was instrumental in designing long-lasting plastic to sheath telephone cables, enabling the introduction of telephone services to thousands of Americans, especially those in rural communities. In addition to his pioneering research, Hawkins is also known for his advocacy efforts for minority students. He also served as the chairman of Montclair State University in 1973.[1] Amongst his many awards, Hawkins was the first African-American to be elected to the National Academy of Engineering (1975), and, shortly before his death in 1992, he was awarded the National Medal of Technology by then-U.S. president, George H. W. Bush.

https://www.poll-maker.com/results3022316xe9cC4654-93#tab-2

---

Fedora 34:
Ub Iwerks
(March 24, 1901 – July 7, 1971)

An American animator, cartoonist, character designer, inventor, and special effects technician, who designed Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and Mickey Mouse. Iwerks produced alongside Walt Disney and won numerous awards, including multiple Academy Awards.

Iwerks drew most of the ‘Skeleton Dance’ which you can watch here on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOGhAV-84iI

In 1933, former Walt Disney Studios animator/director Ub Iwerks invented the first multiplane camera using movable layers of flat artwork in front of a horizontal camera using parts from an old Chevrolet automobile.[2] His multiplane camera was used in a number of the Iwerks Studio's Willie Whopper and Comicolor cartoons of the mid-1930s.

https://www.quiz-maker.com/results3022325x326C4d73-93#tab-2

---

Our next step is brainstorming visual ideas inspired by these two inventors, and create moodboards for each. Take a look at the ticket for F32's artwork to see how this might typically go:

https://pagure.io/design/issue/669

We'll be working on both concepts (F33 and F34) at once, and trying to get something polished enough for beta by August 18. That gives us a little less than a month.

I am hoping we can do most of the work in the tickets:

Fedora 33:
https://pagure.io/design/issue/687

Fedora 34:
https://pagure.io/design/issue/688

It looks like Kyle already has them updated

~m

[p.s. Sorry this message is a bit delayed - I tried sending it a couple days ago but didn't realize it didn't go through. I'm trying to debug this with Fedora Infra now.]